CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Journal #5 chapter 13-15 from the perspective of Aunt Alexandra

I arrived at my brothers door in the afternoon one day with luggage and all. Scout and Jem and their nanny was home. Scout and Jem apparently didn't know I was coming to stay with them for a while because they were shocked to see me. I explained why I was staying and it was because Atticus called me asking if I would come live with them for a while because the two of them were growing up and they needed a female influence. During the days when I was home I about the neighborhood and trying to fit in as much as possible, which I think is going pretty well. I had coffee with some of the neighbors and got together with some of the ladies. Since the family had no mom and Calpurnia certainly wasn't a good fit, I tried to take a little more control and be helpful to the family. A few days later Scout asked Atticus if she could go to Calpurnia's house one Sunday because Calpurnia said she would be delighted to have her any time. Before Atticus could answer I yelled NO to Scout. Then like a reflex Scout yelled back, "I didn't ask you!" Atticus made her apologize but I could tell she really wasn't sorry. That night Jem and Scout started fighting because Jem was trying to tell Scout what to do and how if she has to listen to Calpurnia, Atticus and now Aunt Alexandra then she has to listen to him. Atticus and I heard them fighting and we went to their room. Atticus then told Scout she only had to listen to Jem if he could make her. I didn't understand what he meant. When they went to bed a couple minutes later they called Atticus in. I just silently watched the whole thing and Dill was hiding under Scouts bed and he ran away because his parents weren't being respectful to him. Dill wanted to spend the night. Atticus went to tell Miss Rachel he was here, he didn't want him to but Atticus did the right thing and asked her if he could spend the night. Miss Rachel said Dill's parents called to see where he was and that they were worried sick, Miss Rachel was very happy we told her. Dill slept over at our house. Later that week the day came of the Tom Robinson case.

1 comments:

Luis said...

I liked how you made it really easy to immiagine for example you put a lot of detail in it. Also good use of vocab words.All of it was correct good job.